Master of Science, University at Buffalo-State University of New York. 2010.9 – 2012.6
Bachelor of Engineering, Tongji University. 2006.9 – 2010.6
My research interests are mainly Environmental Modeling with GIS, Extreme Events Response, and Spatial Analysis. Currently I’m working on flood modeling with multi-source data.
I have been trained as a geographer, mostly using GIS and Remote Sensing as tools. I also have backgrounds in Geology, Earth System Sciences, Geophysics.and Computer Science. I am interested in a broad variety of topics in this giant field, and always ready to challenge new stuff.
- Determining the Flood Return Period with GIS Modeling (funded by IPLER). 2011.9-now
- Soil erosion modeling with GeoWEPP in Ansai County, China. 2011.1-2011.5
- Responding to Flood Risks in the Clear Creek Watershed. 2010.9-2010.11
- Urban Spatial Changing Modeling Based on the Cellular Automat Theory. 2010.3-2010.6
- The Impacts of the Paleo Oceanographic Record in the West Arctic Ocean of the Late Quaternary Period on Global Climate (the “State-level Undergraduate Students’ Innovative Experiments Project” program, as member of a group of three students in the same grade). 2008.10-2010.6
- The Campus Geographical Information System for Tongji University (based on ArcEngine and VB.NET). 2009.8
- The Medical Appliances Operating Management System (based on SQL Server and VB.NET, as member of a group of two students in the same grade). 2009.1
Work & Activity Experience
- Presenter, American Association of Geographers (AAG) Annual Meeting 2012, “Determining the Flood Return Period with GIS Modeling“. 2012.2
- Research Assistant & Presenter, Great Lakes Tributary Modeling study of the Cattaraugus / Clear Creek Watershed funded by US Army Corps of Engineer. 2011.9
- Representative, the 36th Students’ Congress of Tongji University. 2009.4-2010.6
- President, Student Union of School of Ocean and Earth Science, Tongji University. 2008.9-2009.9